Being a Responsible Corporate
Social responsibility is a buzz word surrounding large organizations in modern days. This entails making sure that a company is giving something back from all the income it is earning. Sometimes this means reducing emissions from manufacturing facilities, supporting community development, or other efforts which give something back.
In the case of Branded Paper Cups, a paper products manufacturer in the UK, this meas supporting charity.
Branded Paper Cups has programs available to their customers which will give them the option to help in supporting this charity cause. They understand the importance of helping to create a better world, and choose to do so by donating to the internationally active charity Mercy Ships.
About Mercy Ships
Mercy Ships is a not-for-profit Christian mission charity that assists coastal countries in Africa to fill in some of their health care gaps. They own and operate a large cruise ship, the Africa Mercy, which have been transformed into floating, mobile medical center from which the volunteer staff of doctors, nurses, dentists, and others will perform necessary medical procedures for no charge. This organization has been established for over 35 years and has made a large impact on the lives of countless people and communities abroad.
Services Mercy Ships Offers
The volunteers that go with the ship to the African locations are certified professionals in their separate medical areas. Giving up time from their practices, they go to perform a large variety of simple operations to improve the lives of thousands per stop. Some of the basic services they provide are these:
- Eye Operations. So many people are rendered blind by easily fixable problems like cataracts. Due to poverty conditions or lack of access to medical care, some of these people are forced to live with their blindness because they have no other options. One of the most common surgeries done by the Mercy Ships staff is the reparation and restoration of sight lost to cataract clouding, a simple 20-minute operation which will forever change the lives of the recipients.
- Deformity Surgery. Physical deformities can occur from birth or from early on in life. If left untreated they can be a source of great pain, a reason for the individual to be an outcast, and a hindrance to those hoping to work for a living. Mercy Ships’ staff has been able to correct or ease many physical deformities, helping to give those who have suffered from them a fighting chance at improving their lives.
- Obstetric Fistula Reparation. This particularly uncomfortable condition occurs as a complication to women during birth in many poor areas. It can have very lasting consequences, often resulting in the woman being left by her husband or abandoned by her family. It is a mostly treatable condition which can be corrected through surgery.
- Dental Care. Cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems can develop into painful mouth conditions over time if left untreated. Mercy Ships offers treatment for a variety of dental care issues like these.
- Community Health Care. Alongside the procedures done, Mercy Ships looks to leave a more lasting impact on the communities in which they operate through health care training programs and community empowerment. This includes, but is not limited to, such services as instruction of local health care providers, donation of necessary medical supplies and equipment, education about basic sanitation and maintaining health, and assisting in the building of permanent medical facilities.
How You Can Help
Charity missions like Mercy Ships require a lot of help in order to function properly. Donation and support come from a variety of sources and creative programs by businesses such as Branded Paper Cups. Without the efforts of these companies, it would be difficult to raise the necessary funds. Similarly, without people who are willing to take advantage of the support programs offered, these companies are unable to adequately give their support.
Branded Paper Cups’ Support of Mercy Ships
When an order is made from this company, the customer is given the option to donate £1.00 towards the charity Mercy Ships. No one is forced to donate, it is up to the individual customers whether or not they wish to give their support. This is a small enough amount of money that it does not affect the customer’s budget, but it can easily add up to large sum of money to be given to the charity. While the customer may not experience the effects of their giving, every donation is a necessary and valuable part of the whole process which will benefit thousands of people in the end.
Additionally, Branded Paper Cups will offer a 5% discount to those who place orders with a Mercy Ships logo and QR code on the purchased cups.
This will encourage the end user of the cup to look further into the Mercy Ships charity, resulting in more possible donations. Adding the logo and QR code will only cause a minor effect to the aesthetics of the cups themselves, but has the potential to cause a major effect on the lives of thousands living in impoverished communities around Africa.
Both of these avenues of donation are completely optional and non-compulsory. It is completely up to you whether or not to partner with Branded Paper Cups in their support of Mercy Ships.
It is the responsibility of organizations to give something back and create a better world. Helping Branded Paper Cups to fulfill their responsibility is as easy as ticking a box to donate £1.00 when ordering or placing the Mercy Ships logo and QR code on the design itself.
When done in combination you may not even notice the £1.00 donation as you will receive the 5% discount for the logo and QR code placement. Your contributions will go directly towards the efforts of the Mercy Ships organization to combat poor health and improve the quality of life of thousands of individuals who may never have otherwise had the opportunity for this care.
When you choose to place the logo and QR code on your cup products you may be creating an even greater impact by making your end customers aware of the cause as well, to which they may donate if they desire to.
Help Branded Paper Cups to be a responsible organization. At the same time, you will be helping Mercy Ships to bring restoration and reparation to thousands overseas living with treatable medical conditions.